Zack Snyder‘ showcased a Trailer for Man of Steel at this years San Diego Comic Con, sadly it hasn’t been released online as yet (there is talk that it will play in front of The Dark Knight Rises when released on Friday). Fortunately WeGotThisCovered.com have a great breakdown of the action. Check it out below.
- We see flashes of Smallville. The farm house. Clark running in a red cape as a child.
- This looks VERY different from Superman films of the past
- An older, bearded Clark walks a snowy road in an arctic town.
- We hear Russell Crowe’s voice talking about children being inspired to greater things
- It sounds like it’s cut with Kevin Costner’s voice. Both fathers are giving Clark/Kal advice on how to become who he wants to be
- We see Clark being brought to the Kent barn and shown the spaceship that has been hidden there
- Clark holds a small piece of metal with the S logo on the end
- We’re jumping back and forth through time periods
- Clark, as a teen, saved a bus of kids
- The bus crashed in the water and we see him swimming, pulling the door off
- “People are afraid of what they don’t understand,” says Costner
- We see Clark talking to Jor-El. They’re standing right in front of one another, but I think it’s a holographic projection (though it looks live)
- We see Superman in the suit. First from a distance and then walking across a snowy plain
- There are flashing of Superman flying and one of him catching someone falling off a building
- A single flash of Amy Adams’ Lois Lane
- One flash has Superman (in costume) — seemingly in handcuffs — being led down a hallway by a security force
- We see Clark (without seeing his face) stepping into an elevator and begin to lift glasses to his face
- There’s a flash of Clark, shirtless, with his whole body on fire
- Another of him crashing into the bank vault we saw in the first still. It looks like he’s been thrown.
- I’m not great at describing music, but it’s decidedly more somber than Williams’s score.
- The whole look of it has a very dark, autumny feel to it all.
- There’s a major discussion in the narration about the world turning against Superman because they don’t trust him if he ever appears.
- There’s a flash of Zod, but literally so fast you just see his face.
- Apparently someone witnessed young Clark as a child saving the bus with his powers.
- None of the trademark Snyder shots in the trailer. No slo-mo or shuttery frames
Find new adventure with Superman vs. The Elite on DVD and Blu-Ray at ShopDCEntertainment.com! Shop now!
Source: We Got This Covered